RASPBERRY PI TV HAT
This add-on board lets you receive digital DVB-T2 TV streams on your Raspberry Pi to view them or stream them over a network to other devices
TO GET STARTED YOU’LL NEED:
- Any 40-pin Raspberry Pi (including Pi Zero and Zero W, provided they have headers soldered)
- Any Raspberry Pi can be used to stream to other devices
- A Raspberry Pi 2 or 3 (or later) is recommended for viewing TV on the Pi itself
- A suitable aerial to receive broadcast TV (not provided)
We’ve put together a downloadable step-by-step guide to Getting started with the TV HAT, which walks you through the complete setup process.
The Raspberry Pi TV HAT has a DVB-T2 and DVB-T tuner on board, which allows you to receive and decode digital television streams on your Raspberry Pi.
- Sony CXD2880 TV tuner
- Supported TV standards:
- DVB-T2 (1.7MHz, 5MHz, 6MHz, 7MHz, 8MHz channel bandwidth)
- DVB-T (5MHz, 6MHz, 7MHz, 8MHz channel bandwidth)
- Reception frequency: VHF III, UHF IV, UHF V
PRODUCT BRIEF, MECHANICAL DRAWINGS, AND SCHEMATICS
More detailed information on Raspberry Pi hardware is available.
The Raspberry Pi TV HAT will remain in production until at least January 2023.